These days, where the world is full of ups and downs financially, it is more important to be able to save more money than ever before. Sometimes the hardest thing about saving money is just getting started. These 10 simple ways will guide you on how to start saving money and develop a simple and realistic future goal, so you can save for all short and long term goals.

10 simple ways to start saving money- worldupdatestoday

1.Sit down with your money once a month.

During this time, update your budget, review your bank accounts. Like any other relationship in the world, if you wish to improve your financial life, you must build some relationship with money.

2.Plan your meals.

Taking a few hours every week before going out for groceries and planning meal plans ahead will definitely save you more money. As dining out is the main expense for most households. By planning and cooking at home, you tend to save more money and some calories too.

3.Cut off unnecessary subscriptions.

Cut off unnecessary subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu. By cutting off these you can save the money for another financial goal.

4.Make your coffee at home.

Who doesn’t love to go out to coffee shops and bars for having a drink? However, spending $4 to $10 on coffee everyday would make acheiveing your short & long term goals more difficult. To save money, start making coffees, shakes & freshly squeezed juices at home.

5.Stay busy.

When you stay busy and work more, there’s not much time left to shop and spend money. So stay busy and pursue a career you love.

6.Use DIY beauty treatments at home.

Self-care is important, but going out to spas and getting treatments can add up an extra expense. Allow yourself a certain amount of time from a week for your self-care. Often you can find a DIY organic option using common kitchen products.

7.Be very specific with your financial goals.

For example, saying, ‘I want to save for a business investment’ is not enough. You need to map out properly what business you want to start, how much you need to invest, by when and how much you need to save each month to reach your goal. When you know your targets, you are more likely to stay focused.

8.Make a separate account for savings.

Almost all banks now offer online sub-accounts that you don’t need to go to the bank for. You can simply transfer your money to that account right after your paycheck and never try to spend out of there unless you are saving up for something specific.

9.Use credit cards wisely.

If you have a habit of spending with credit cards then you need to keep the cards away from your sight. Keeping your card out of sight or out of mind might help you reduce temptation while you are out and about. In general, if you are not highly organized and don’t plan well-ahead like 5 years down the road, using credit cards is unwise.

10. Clean your closets.

Go through your closets and find clothes, accessories, and everything you no longer use and need. You can sell them on eBay or have a yard sale. All of these options can make you earn some money. Decluttering & Cleaning out your closets every now and then is said to be a psychological load off your mind as an added benefit.

These 10 tips to start saving money can help you lower your expenses stick to your budget and meet your money goals faster. That means more cash for future uncertain times or save for something which you want to do in the future.

16 Comments

Sashawn · May 30, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Informative post. Very practical tips that everyone should apply.

Andrea · June 1, 2020 at 3:33 pm

For me, the meal planning and making coffee at home saves me so much!

Rebecca @ Busy Mom Smart Mom · June 1, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Meal planning is such a huge help for saving money! It’s made such a difference to our grocery shopping budget. And having goals is big too! It wasn’t until I started setting savings goals that I actually got serious about saving.

Charlene · June 3, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Meal planning is always a game changer for me. When I take the time to do it I always see a difference in my budget.

Corinne · June 3, 2020 at 5:39 pm

I love the tip about DIY beauty treatments to save money. You don’t often see that around and it’s one I actually love doing to save money. We also invested about $80 on a massage seat for your back to avoid costly massages. It’s been three years and it’s still going so we’ve definitely got our money’s worth! Thanks again for these tips 🙂

Kaitlyn · June 3, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Great list! These are all things my husband and I did to become completely debt free including our house. Every little bit adds up to a lot.

Hannah · June 4, 2020 at 4:22 am

These are all good tips! Staying busy is one of the tips that really work for me, thanks!

Ashlee · June 17, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Making budgets are soo hard for me. This is a really great post!

Ruby De La · June 17, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Very useful information. I try not to take my credit cards everywhere I go to not spend on things I don’t need. I only use it when I know exactly what I am going to buy. As far as not buying coffee, that can be really hard, but lately, I have been obsessed with whip coffee so I am definitely saving some $$ there!

Charlene · June 17, 2020 at 2:46 pm

Easy ways to save money. I think looking at your budget monthly is so important.

Alyssa · June 17, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Great ideas! I always forget to cancel all the silly little subscriptions to things I barely use. Thanks for the reminder.

Hallie D Sayre · June 17, 2020 at 5:52 pm

Great tips! Will definitely apply to my life!

Natalie · June 17, 2020 at 5:58 pm

These are great tips. It’s amazing how many things you can find in a good decluttering session – most of which you find you no longer want or need.

Zeeshan · June 19, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Good tips. Appreciated

Barshan Turno · June 20, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Needful content. Keep creating content like this! Tons of love for you

ปั้มไลค์ · July 3, 2020 at 1:22 am

Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.